- For either a network or local PC installation, the person installing EasyMatch QC software must be a System Administrator for the PC, with software installation privileges for that computer.
- An EZMQC upgrade should have no effect on previous User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs, Job templates, Reports or Sensor information.
- Before beginning, back up all user created and or modified files found at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC + all sub-folders for versions > 4.20. To determine your installed version of EasyMatch QC, go to Help/About in EasyMatch QC. If you have a version < 4.20, user files and sub-folders will be found at c:\HunterLab\Program Files\EasyMatch QC + sub-folders.
- The best practice to remove the old EasyMatch QC version is to delete the program in the Control Panel; then install the new version. Go to Start/Control Panel/Programs and remove “EasyMatch QC” from the list of installed programs. Re-start your computer.
- Remove the HunterLab SuperPro license key or dongle from its USB port on the PC during the installation and return it after the new upgrade is installed.
- To install the new upgrade, go to the installation CD and activate the EasyMatch QC Menu program to install EasyMatch QC. Follow the steps to completion.
- EasyMatch QC should start-up with the sensor installed. No user-created and/or modified files such as Jobs or Sensor information should be affected (you have your backup in case). Your hardware key will still work correctly after the upgrade and must be in place at a USB port to successfully start-up your new EasyMatch QC upgrade.
Mr. Philips has spent the last 30 years in product development and management, technical sales, marketing, and business development in several industries. Today, he is the global market development manager for HunterLab, focused on understanding customer needs, providing appropriate solutions and education, and helping to solve customer color challenges across these industries and cultures.